2/1/12

Wedding Do's and Don'ts - Favorite Things :: Fort Wayne Wedding Photography

DO sprinkle your day with some of your favorite things.

Your wedding day is one of the most important and remembered days of your entire life. You want it to show off not only who you are as a bride and groom... but who you are as everyday people.

I picked out some adorable examples of this based on things that mean something to my husband and I.

I saw this one and I died. They used race bibs as their table numbers. How totally perfect for a couple who's into running or triathlons like I am...



My husband and I really enjoy board games (yes, we're a little dorky). I love these "place cards" for the Bride and Groom using Scrabble pieces because it ties into the couple's love of games without going overboard...


We love dogs... especially our long-haired Dachshund, Maggie. While it's not always possible to have your 4-legged friend be a part of your big day, you can pay a small homage using adorable custom postage like this...

This next one is a late entry. Hours after writing this post, I came back and added this photo because I saw it on Pinterest, and it perfectly illustrates my point. My husband and I are big beer people. Wine is nice (white only), and mixed drinks are fine on occasion... but we drink beer almost every night. These custom favors would add a super cute touch...


Lastly, I pulled an example from our very own wedding. We're huge fans of The Simpsons. It's totally nerdy, but it means a lot to our relationship because it's one of the first things we really bonded over when we met. At our wedding, we placed this little Homer and Marge figurine on our sweetheart table as a nod to our favorite show. It was subtle, but when our guests saw it, they totally got it...


DON'T let your favorite things take over your wedding.

It's fine to sprinkle a little bit of yourself throughout the wedding day, but don't let those things become the star attraction. If you end up with a Simpsons theme... you've probably gone too far.


A theme should be more like a feeling your guests get when they walk in the door. Ethereal, vintage, classic, modern, casual. Those are all great themes. They give you the freedom to play around with different ideas and pull inspiration from various places, all without being too much.

After all, you want your wedding guests to remember you and your marriage... not your weird love of Star Wars.

Comments