12/9/11

Humble Beginnings

Back in 1998, I conducted a photo shoot with my two best friends. The horribleness of the resulting images will live in infamy.

And today is your very luckiest of days... because I dug those photos out of my photo box, and have them here for you now. I fully understand that I'm opening myself up to horrendous criticism and mocking, but, ::shrug::, oh well.

Background: We were 13 and bored. So we raided my closet, picked out our best model-esque outfits, and headed out into the neighborhood to conduct our photo shoot. All photos were taken by yours truly, except for the last one.

So here we go. I believe this first one was trying to portray "sexy". I can only infer that based on the fact that she's wearing a bathing suit top. Obviously, the horrendous lighting, posing, and that lovely white sock do nothing for the scene...




The lighting in this one is better, but the houses in the background and the ridiculous amount of negative space makes me laugh...


Obviously, this is the "soft side" photo, because she's posed with a flower. (PS: flannel was so in.)...


I only included this last photo because I felt bad for the other two girls who I just plastered embarrassing photos of on the internet. So, this is me...


I know... you're wondering which tall skinny object is the tree and which one is Kelly.

So there you have it... my first official photo shoot. To say it went well would be a lie (you have no idea how much Photoshopping I had to do to make these photos vieweable). To say I learned something would also be a lie. After all... I had no idea I'd be doing this for a living some day. But I'm so glad I am!

Comments