7/23/11

Roommates and Dogs :: Indianapolis Pet Photography

I've been photographing people my entire life. One of these days, I'll have to bring out the big guns... a model shoot I did with two of my best friends in 6th grade. We wanted to be "artsy"... which resulted in photos of us smelling roses and standing on bridges with our best serious "model face". It's awful with a capital A. (Update: Check out the photos here!)

But it's a whole different thing once you start shooting photos for your own photography business. These pictures are going to be representing your work for years to come.

I'm fortunate that my very first photo shoot as Kelly Benton Photography was with two of my college roommates. What's more fun than that?! It was a beautiful Saturday in early April, and I asked them to bring their dogs (and boy) along so I could get some diversity in my portfolio. What resulted was a super fun day at the gorgeous Indianapolis Museum of Art.

(As always, you can click the photos to see a larger version.)

This is my college roommate, Mel, and her Boxer, Annie. You can feel the love oozing from them...








I love those ears...


 

This is my favorite from their shoot...


This is my college roommate Jess, along with her boyfriend, Ben, and their Siberian Husky, Delilah...


Delilah's a momma's girl... so Ben has to do his best to win her love every day...


Look at those eyes... two different colors! How unique...


Overall, a very happy dog...

 

These next two are in the running for my favorite photos of the day. I'm a sucker for genuine joy (and don't you just love that yellow bench?!)...


 


For my first official photo shoot ever, I was more than thrilled at how these turned out. I tried to keep it short (mostly out of fear that my friends might figure out I had no idea what I was doing!), so I didn't get a ton of shots... but each person ended up with a CD of about 30 images that perfectly captured our day at the park. I would love to do another shoot with them next April to compare how far I've come since then.

Comments