10/9/12

Fort the Love of American Food

Spreading the Fort Love with an ongoing series about my favorites things to do and places to eat in good ol' Fort Wayne.

Fort Wayne has some delicious restaurants... Italian, Mexican, Chinese... the list goes on. But traditional American food is not to be overshadowed. So I got to thinking about my favorite places in the Fort to grab some American grub!

Henry's Restaurant

First up is Henry's. One of Fort Wayne's hidden gems, Henry's features a large menu with all the staples... burgers, fish fry, salads, and more.



I consider it a hidden gem because it's inconspicuous, and located on a stretch of Main Street that might get overlooked. Ryan and I lived just minutes from it for months before finally checking it out on a friend's recommendation. I think I thought it was a bar before we stepped in the door.

It's lack of windows, dim lighting, and tall booths make for a cozy atmosphere. It's the perfect place to meet up with family and friends for an evening out.

My Suggestions: Hamburger, Black Bean Nachos, and Grilled Herb Chicken Sandwich. If you come on a Friday or Saturday, don't come starving, as service times can take a hit on busy nights.

Details:
Henry's Restaurant, 536 West Main Street, Fort Wayne
260-426-0531


Mad Anthony Brewing Company

Mad Anthony's was the very first restaurant I ate at after moving to Fort Wayne, so it holds a special place in my heart. That, and it's a brewery... so double thumbs up!



Oh, what don't I love about Mad Anthony's? They have live music, rotating beers on tap, a stack of board games, special events, carry-out growlers, and a unique menu.

Plus, they're a mere 2 blocks from the Rivergreenway, so biking there is a must.

My Suggestions: Come for the beer and appetizers! Ol' Woody Pale Ale, Scooby Snacks, Cheese Curds, and Spinach and Artichoke Unwrap. Check out the "Events" page on their website so you don't miss the live music.

Details:
Mad Anthony Brewing Company, 2002 Broadway, Fort Wayne
260-426-2537
Open 10pm or later 7 days/week

Leave a comment below and tell me your favorite thing to order from these places!

Comments