7/31/12

Change is Good :: Fort Wayne Portrait Photography

I'm going to jump right in and tell you that I'm changing how I structure my portrait pricing.

Shoot
First, we shoot. The sitting fee for a 60-minute portrait session is still $100, no matter the number of people or age of subjects.




Post-Shoot
I've been doing in-person proofing sessions for a little while now. This means we'll set a time that works for both of us (preferable 4-10 days after the shoot) to view your images for the first time at my house. This is where you'll make all product decisions.


Products
I now offer heavily-discounted product collections as follows:

Collection A - 24x36 Print, 2 8x10 Prints, 2 5x7 Prints
Collection B - 30x40 Print, 5 Digital Files
Collection C - 20x30 Canvas, 10 Digital Files
Collection D - 30x40 Canvas, 24x36 Print, Flash Drive of Images

Have no fear... I will still offer a la carte pricing. The biggest change for my current clients is that the flash drive of images will now cost $300.



Why?
Rounding out my first year as a full-time photographer, I've learned a lot in the past 12 months. One of those things is that the pricing structure I was using up until now is unsustainable given the quality of customer service and products that I want to offer my clients.

But more importantly, I want to price my products to direct my clients towards what I think is most important... canvases and prints. I have something like 40,000 image files on my computer... and those are just personal photos! The number of times per year that I look at those image can be counted on less than 2 fingers. But a print or canvas hanging in your living room is seen daily... and cherished not only by you, but by your family, friends, and guests.

I'm still allowing my clients to purchase digital files (I'd be the first to pledge my love of Facebook!), but they will be priced in a way that encourages you to make product decisions before you come to the proofing session (or, perhaps even, before you book the shoot!). I don't want you to shell out a ton of money just to be left with 50 digital files you have no idea what you're going to do with.


Questions?
Feel free to contact me at kellybentonphotography@gmail.com. I'm open to answering any and all questions, and would love to hear from you.

If you'd like to book a session, feel free to email me or fill out my contact form!

Comments